Buttock implant (or Gluteal Implant) can be quite successful in making the butt larger and shapelier. This has helped many women gain a more sensuous appearance. For those who have underdeveloped buttocks, buttock implants can now provide them with a more proportionate figure. Not only has this helped enhance their appearance, but many have also gained a boost in their self-esteem and self-confidence.
How is buttock implant surgery performed?
The incision is usually made in the buttock crease, where scars are not noticeable. The doctor then creates a pocket large enough to insert the butt implants. The implants can be placed either under the gluteus maximus muscle or on top of the muscle. After performing the same procedure on both the buttocks, the doctor makes sure that they are symmetrical and looks natural and proportionate. He/she then stitches up the incisions.
How long does this surgery take?
Buttock implant surgery usually takes about two to three hours to complete. The length of the procedure varies according to the technique used, the placement of the implants, the patient's anatomy, type of anesthesia used, and whether other procedures will be performed at the same time.
Is butt implant surgery painful?
Buttock implants stretch the tissues, and can be painful. This is especially true when the implants are placed under the muscle. The pain is greatest within the first 48 hours, but improves with each day. This can be relieved by pain medications. In spite of the initial discomfort, most women report that they are very satisfied with the results of the surgery.
What can I expect after surgery?
You will have a compression garment on after surgery to provide support, which should not be removed for the next two to three weeks following butt implant surgery. It is important to take the medication prescribed to you by your doctor. Someone will need to drive you home, and you may need assistance at home over the next couple of days. Expect to be in bed for the next 24 hours following surgery.
What is the recovery period like?
It is critical that you review post-procedure care with your doctor. Following his/her instructions carefully will help ensure you have a speedy, healthy recovery. Also keep in mind that:
- Resting is important to the healing process, so do it as much as possible following your procedure. Drink plenty of fluids, and be sure to take the doctor's prescribed medications.
- Most likely, you will be able to resume calm, quiet work within a few days to weeks following butt implants surgery. You should still avoid physical exertion for several weeks, depending on the advice of your doctor.
- The stitches will be dissolvable stitches out; thus there won't be any need to remove them. The swelling may continue, gradually subsiding over several weeks. As the swelling subsides, the results will become more apparent.
- You will probably be able to resume exercise and normal physical activities within two weeks, when the soreness has subsided. You should refrain from physical activity or exercising until at least six weeks after surgery. Recovery varies from patient to patient and depends upon the technique, type of implant, and site of placement that the doctor uses, as well as the level of activities in your daily routine. Please contact REVITALIZEINTURKEY for more further information.
In general, the best candidates for buttock implants are:
- 18 years of age or older
- In good physical health
- Psychologically stable
- Realistic in their expectations
The aim of this article is to give you a general information about the surgical intervention in question. You need to make more research about possible complications and risks of this selected procedure in order to make an informed decision. Please note that complications occur more frequently with patients who are obese, smoke, and have a history or lung or other chronic underlying medical conditions.
Smokers are recognized to have a significantly higher risk of post operative wound healing problems with a subsequently higher potential of infection as well as operative and post operative bleeding. Patients should discontinue smoking for two weeks before and two weeks after surgery. Although it helps to stop smoking before and after surgery, this does not completely eliminate the increased risks resulting from long term smoking. Smoking also has a long term adverse effect on the skin and ageing process.